Thursday, October 6, 2011

Green Bell Pepper: NZ-666 Kshatriya

NZ-666 Nagato
My fourth gunpla purchase, the NZ-666 Kshatriya. This thing's so huge it's box is the same size as my MG Strike Noir- and it's only a 1/144 kit. I wonder if Bandai will ever come out with a MG Kshatriya- just think of how large it would be. Not to mention how frightening the price would be...


Stickers for the chest plate, but it doesn't look too bad. I regret not painting it, though- check out American Salaryman's version, painted metallic green. I'm dripping with jealousy here. On a side note, I've just gotten a can of green spray paint- but have nothing to use it on. Bah.



The wing binders are the main feature of this kit- without them it just feels like a rather fat Zaku. They actually reminded me of the Ohmu monsters in Miyazaki Hayao's Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind...


The wing binders host a bunch of little 'funnels'- the tiny green spikes there, and four extendable claw arms, which could probably hold up a total of four more beam sabers- the kit only comes with two, one looking rather... curvy, for some reason.


View of the back- that big piece of armor there somewhat restricts leg movement- then again this big hulk really isn't the type that spends its days doing jumping kicks.


The arms can't move much, since they're attached to the wing binders. Forwards and backwards, inwards and outwards- that's pretty much it. I wonder how I took this shot without it falling backwards...


I just can't get rid of the feeling that the arm looks like it's light years away from the torso in this pic.


Some close-up shots to close it off. The lack of arm mobility really restricts posing, especially if you like sticking gachapon heads on your gunpla like me. I quite like the mech designs from the HGUC series- I'm thinking about getting a Stark Jegan- if for no other reason than to use that green paint I bought. Or maybe I could get a Unicorn and paint it green just for kicks...

No comments:

Post a Comment